Amazing photography from Michal Sur - thanks!

Friday 10 September 2010

Day 2. Corpach to Banavie.




Sitting in the car at Corpach, kayak together and El and James are ready to paddle to Banavie and Neptune's Staircase. The rain has stopped but the wind is now blowing at what the Met Office would describe as near gale force - but it is blowing in the right direction and the canal is pretty safe so I need to log off and get my bike so I can follow along on the tow path.

It's not very far to Banavie, but you do feel really thick when you cycle up the wrong side of the canal only to be confronted by a railway line which you can't cross. Had to cycle back to Corpach and then back up the other side so I could help El and James portage round Neptune's Staircase - a series of 8 locks - so they could paddle the next section of canal. As you can see my bike is an essential part of our portage system.

No comments:

Post a Comment