Amazing photography from Michal Sur - thanks!

Monday 13 September 2010

Day 5. The nasty middle bit.



The met office were right about the weather. When I met them for lunch the water conditions had changed but the Extraordinarily Brave Duo said they were fine to go on - hugging the shore and riding the waves.

I got on the phone to MY support team - Wonderful Martin of RNLI Loch Ness - full of good, calm advice - how many times did we speak during the next couple of hours Martin?! I made my way to Urquhart Castle, climbed up the biggest tower I could find to give me the best view down the loch, and settled down for an unbelievably anxious couple of hours wait. I could see the water getting rougher, visibility becoming poorer and the rain setting in. On a lighter note, I became chief 'tower photographer' as tourists kept asking me to take jolly group pics of them attempting not to fall off the ramparts.

I was in mobile and radio contact with the EBD, (Extraordinarily Brave Duo), but the said mobile and radio were safely stowed away in a waterproof, floating bag in case of emergency - and not easy for James to get to when the water was rough - which it was - the EBD say the waves were about 1.5m high in places and insist they were only mildly worried for a very short period of time ... but ... I'm sure there's something they are not telling me... some secretive monster sighting perchance - another stranded sheep?


No comments:

Post a Comment